Friday 1 April 2011

Is "Le Freak, Cest Chic?"... Who can wear flared jeans?

I live in my jeans and for the last couple of years I’ve faced the onslaught on skinny jeans, leggings, jeggings and all manner of unsightly thigh-tight creations. But I noticed while I was out shopping with a friend last week that flares seemed to be making a comeback, then came across your article confirming my observations. But Luke, my question is who can wear flares? Or are we ‘plus size’ women destined to sit back and watch yet another fashion trend pass us by?
- Maggie, Didsbury


Great question Maggie,
For a huge number of women jeans are a wardrobe staple, and I find that once an item becomes imbedded in your wardrobe it’s difficult to then change your shopping habits, even when you are completely and utterly fed up of buying the same thing over and over.
Consequently, for a garment as popular as jeans, most women jumped at the chance to embrace something new with the rebirth of skinny jeans (and 80’s classic), followed by leggings and then the creation of aberrant jeggings. But I certainly noticed, and I’m sure you did too, that these skin-tight styles didn’t suit the more womanly figure.
And so the fates of fashion thrust upon us the modern flared jean. And what are we going to do? Buy ourselves a pair, or two, or three because they are “on trend”... Well do so at your peril all you voluptuous women.
In my gospel a flared jean is best for women with long/slim legs too add some shape to their figure. Plus works particularly well for top heavy women or those with a proportionally large bust, as they balance your upper and lower body, making you appear less top-heavy.
_ Luke x

Get in touch to ask your questions and share your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment