Wednesday 20 April 2011

'Figure It Out'- A Restyle Me event

Modern society puts significant pressure of women to conform to stereotypical beauty. Day after day I am faced with dispelling the negative body issues that modern day women conjure up of themselves, and how the media focus has led them to believe they are unattractive.

I have made it my mission (or so I had the day I became an Image Professional) to educate women locally, nationally and maybe even globally on how to understand, accept and dress their body shapes in a way that strengthens their distinctive signature style, and improves presence and self-confidence amongst their peers.

For this reason I would love for you and your friends to join me at a fantastic fundraising event I am hosting later this year in support of The Succeed Foundation…

The Succeed Foundation started by Karine Berthou is a growing family of caring individuals actively building awareness, recognition, education and support of eating disorders and body dysmorphia...

In an email received from The Succeed Foundation, one representative shared their basic philosophy; my, oh my, sound familiar? That could have been quoted from my CV (if I had one of course)!
‘Promoting well-being, making sure that people are happy with themselves no matter the size they are’
Next I read the following, taken from an educational guide The Succeed Foundation circulate,

‘They will see the beauty within themselves; understand that this beauty has always been there. Their happiness and wellbeing is a seed that needs love and support to grow again; by accepting their inner beauty and self-worth, they will feel the confidence to let it out and show it to the world, embrace love and enjoy life, and become who they deserve to be.’
This charity clearly understands how damaging a negative body image can be, and as they are only in their infancy stages I felt they needed our support.

Join me on 28th May for an interactive workshop teaching the fundamentals of ladies shape and style.

May 28th 2.00-4.30pm
Samlesbury War Memorial Hall, Cuerdale Lane
Between Preston & Blackburn
For full event details and bookings, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment